Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update for my sister

Print Friendly and PDF
My mother called and gave me the news. Her heart stopped this morning while they were doing an MRI to see what the extent of the cancer was. Her husband had made the decision that she should be reanimated, so the Drs reanimated her.

After reviewing the results of the MRI in so far as it was done, the Oncologist told my family that the cancer is extremely aggressive. It has grown compared to the MRI done a month ago. It has now spread to enclose her heart, her brain, and major organs. The envelope around her heart is filling with liquid.
Currently, she is on a respirator and has a drain tube attached to remove the build up of fluids around her heart. She has 4 IVs connected to her. The Dr is keeping her sedated since if she were awake, she would be in excruciating pain and unable to breathe properly on her own. He is waiting to find out what her husband will decide; to unplug or to try and extend her life for a few extra days.

I hope that he decides to let her go. There is no hope for her recovery. The cancer has invaded every organ and is destroying her from the inside out. She has fought this monster long enough. It's time for her to take a well-earned rest.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I am so sorry to hear about how aggressive your sister's cancer has become and I hope that her husband can find it within himself to let her go in peace. I will keep your entire family in my thoughts.

~Mary

MarieAnge said...

Thank you Mary.

The phone hasn't rung yet, but it's only a matter of time now.

Angel

Anonymous said...

{{{{{/Õ\}}}}}
Angel Hugs for you and your sister and your families. I am so sorry to read about your sister, Peace and Blessings to you all in this sad time.

RecycleCindy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sister. Cherish the memories and celebrate her life as you move forward in the days to come. (((Hugs))) Take care,
Cubdt