Thursday, August 5, 2010

Caribbean top done!!!

Print Friendly and PDF
 I finished it! And I really like how it came out.

This is not a pattern for a beginning crocheter mind you. The instructions are somewhat confusing at times and I also changed the trim around the arm holes. The pattern called for a round of double crochet but when I completed it, the whole look of the vest changed. Not even remotely feminine with that round of chain fencing. So I ripped back and did a round of picots, the same used to trim the rest of the vest.

I'm quite happy with the finished look. I have it on a hanger to see how it will stretch. Being a light worsted cotton, trying to block this beast is not something I want to try any time soon.

I do hope my daughter likes it :)

 
These are from Doris Chan's book Everyday Crochet. They are basically like cuff links, but for closing any crocheted garment, especially if you don't want to have it button always at the same spot which risks of stretching that area. These can be moved anywhere along the front edge of the vest depending on what look you want.


Here is a close up of the button/cuff links I made using beads, buttons and elastic jewelry thread for the vest.

2 comments:

Aussie Maria said...

What a beautiful vest, very sweet and I love the button-hooky things, they are a great idea

Karen said...

oh mom.... I love it already!! :D :D Thank you so much! :D