Monday, November 3, 2008

Friendship

Print Friendly and PDF
I have a really incredible friend who lives in Chicago. She is a very special lady, one of the Red Hat Lady society members. We've never met except across the internet but we feel as if we've known each other for years. We've shared happy times, sad times and life changing moments along the way.


All this to say that she sent me these lovely books out of the blue. I really enjoy the television show True Blood and after finding out that the series is based on books written by Charlaine Harris, I wanted to get them. Financially unable to follow through with this, my friend undertook the task of sending me the series by mail 2 books at a time.


In the last shipment, she included a very special bookmark made by the people of her tribe. That is one more thing we have in common, we are both Metis. It is so nice to have friends who care enough to give you the little things in life that mean so much. One way or another, I will be able to do something for her in return. And hopefully, we'll meet face to face one day.

No comments: