Thursday, January 8, 2009

Building a square ... winter blahs

Print Friendly and PDF
I'm in the process of writing up a pattern for a flemish lion cloth that I'm knitting in cotton. Depending on how it comes out, I may end up using it as a pillow top, otherwise it will become a face cloth.

I started knitting it tonight but will be frogging what I've done so far since I miscalculated the number of stitches on either side of the graphed lion and it's coming out uneven.

I was getting irritated by the cotton rolling around and since I had this lovely cookie tin that wasn't doing anything better, as an experiment I shoved the ball of yarn into it and started knitting from it that way. It works really well and I discovered than when I'm not knitting I can simply drop the needles with the knitting into the container and it all stays nicely put until I can pick it up again. This photo isn't very clear but I'll take another and update it tomorrow.

I'm getting tired of this trudge through filthy snow every morning on my way to work. I especially hate the drivers who seem to take great pleasure in driving closer to the sidewalk for no reason other than they can liberally spray your clothes with the filth that's accumulated on the edge of the street; a blend of mud, snow, salt and sand.... yummy. I just love walking in to work looking like a drowned rat. It's not like I can get away from them since there is no room to sidestep the spray if I saw it coming. Since the traffic is all one way, heading in the same direction I'm heading, I can't see them coming unless I walk backwards... or grow eyes in the back of my head or wear a side view mirror perhaps? LOL C'est la vie


No comments: