Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A hug for a friend

Print Friendly and PDF
I have a friend who has been there for me through thick and thin. She would say the same for me, so I guess that's what is known as true friendship. We have never met face to face but feel as if we've known each other for years. We've both been through some pretty tough life changing events in our lives and we've always supported each other through it all. One day I hope to meet this sister, this friend, because I would wrap my arms around her and give her the biggest hug she's ever received.

Since I can't do that, I'm going to send her a hug. I have found the perfect knitting pattern for a shawlette I know she will love and wear. It's called the Summer Lace Shawlette developed by Sandi Wiseheart of Interweave Knits. The pattern can be found on Knitting Daily in the free patterns section. I always loved the look of this short shawl and can just imagine my dear friend wearing it like I was giving her a big hug.


The pictures are just a teaser. The one shows the back which is nice and airy and the other shows some swatches of the back and front. I still have to determine what color I will make it in, but I have a feeling it will be in something vibrant since she is a lady filled with energy, love, compassion and caring with a heart as big as Chicago. I will post more as I progress.

1 comment:

Carmen Rigby-Willson said...

Hi Marie! I saw your comment on my blog http://carmenrigby.blogspot.com

Buy a dishwasher! It will save your life! LOL!

I love this shawl...I am going to attempt knitting it up. Yours is gorgeous!

Thanks...