I have received an award from Alex at Pinkfeatherparadise thank you ! I love her blog and crochet, shop finds, adventures with her darling children, the ups and downs of being a Mom, wife and friend.
now I have to do 3 things...
- Thank the award giver...... Done!
- Tell you 7 interesting things about myself.... Ugh!
- Give the award to 15 fellow blogger's..... Hmm.... let's see!
- Ten years ago, I took a leap of faith and agreed to meet a man in person whom I'd met on the internet. I picked him up at the airport after a 6 hour flight on his end and a 7 hour drive on mine. We've never been apart since and he's the jewel in my world, the cream in my coffee, the cherry on my cheesecake... you get the drift :)
- I seriously dislike ignorance in people.
- I refuse to let fibromyalgia run my life!
- I'm my own worst critic.
- I'm ambidextrous. I knit left-handed and crochet right-handed. Freak? Yes!
- I always dreamt of becoming an artist, but life had other ideas, so I express my art through knitting and crochet designs.
- I'm terrified of publishing my own patterns, see #4....
- I'm a chocaholic. Only thing that stops me from gorging on it is diabetes LOL
Lucy always brings a smile to my lips anytime I drop by to catch up on the goings on in that lovely victorian home. I love her bold color choices, the projects she lovingly puts together to make her home a warm pleasant cozy place. It always feels like the door is open and you're welcome to walk in and sit for a while with a cup of tea by your side.
Donna is an exceptional crochet square designer and crocheter. I love to test her new patterns and there's always something new and shared stories to read about.
Diana inspires me. She also has fibro and I gather courage from her posts. Her blog is about so many things, there's never any time to get bored over there. So go on over and visit for a bit with Diana :)
This lady doesn't have a blog. I wish she did. She is an amazing friend, a soulsister, someone I can talk with that accepts me as I am, warts and all. Someone I share so much with that I don't know what I did before we were thrown together by fate.
My darling daughter whom I adore. She is also my bestest baby girl, my friend and my daughter all rolled into one. I am always amazed at how much she manages considering the health issues she has to contend with to function every day. Yes, I am proud of her and if she had a blog, it would be at the top of my list to read every day.
I've always loved Susan's blog right from the first time I stumbled onto it. Her children are adorable, especially TC. She reminds me so much of my own daughter at that age. I love Susan's posts, a mix of home, events and knitting. She is a down to earth lady who knows how to balance life between being a designer, a Mom and a wife.
This lady loves colour in all it's forms. I first learned of her blog when I discovered the African flower group on Flicker. It's always a breath of fresh air to drop by and read up on what she's been doing. She always inspires me when I'm running low on imagination.
I love her blog, she makes me laugh. I love reading about what goes on down under. I love the versatility she uses in creating lovely patterns and lately her gorgeous blanket for her daughter.
As her profile says "Life has one beginning and one end; the rest is just a whole lot of middle. What are you doing with the middle?" And that's the part I love reading about.
I always enjoy Gemma's blog. So many things to read about, her life, crochet, knitting, adventures with the kids, niece and nephews.
Ceci is one of these ladies who lets her imagination roam and then she creates the most amazing objects using her crochet and some floss. I absolutely love seeing what projects she's working on and also reading her version of the world around her. She expresses what I think and has no qualms about it either :)
Ok, so I didn't hit 15. But the blogs and people I have named above are at the absolute top of my list of blogs to read (if they have one) each day. Congratulations to all of you. The award is well earned :)