Saturday, December 6, 2008

Firefly & Knitting. What a combo!

Print Friendly and PDF

I was browsing sites for washcloth patterns and one thing led to another.... I ended up looking at cabled scarves on Smariek Knits blog and came upon this page with a gorgeous cabled scarf pattern for download. Above the photo of the finished scarf, I found the lyrics from Firefly staring at me. I read them over and realised just how much I miss that show.

Take my love, take my land

Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me
- Firefly Theme Song

Joss Whedon is amazing at building a TV show that makes you care. He breaks all the rules by having multiple main characters, developing each one until they feel like family. Then he goes on to wrap your heart around his little finger and makes you care about each one of them. If you've never seen the show, please go find it and watch it. You'll become another follower of Mr. Whedon if you do.

And while I'm knitting this afternoon, I will be watching the series again since my darling husband bought the DVD. I'm looking forward to seeing Jayne with his hat, River and all the others.

No comments: