Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dirty Jobs - Mike Rowe, my hero!

Print Friendly and PDF
I'm sure most of you have turned on the TV and caught a Discovery Channel favorite, Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. The talk he gave for TED tv presents an insight on those "dirty" jobs that will make you think and reevaluate the importance of those jobs.


There are times that you may think he is poking fun at the jobs, but judging from this talk, he has learned a lot about the importance of those jobs that we'd rather not think of.

1 comment:

Laurie Laliberte said...

A friend of mine and I were having this discussion a few years ago, during the IT boom, and we both agreed that if we had it to do all over again we'd both have gone to a trade school.

Although I was a straight A English student, my (second) favorite group of courses in middle and high school were those that involved working with my hands. I LOVED wood shop and I still have a footstool I built in the 8th grade.

Too many of us take these trades for granted. We complain that our jobs are being shipped overseas, but we don't really encourage our next generation to learn how to do them.

(I heart Mike Rowe too!)