Sunday, October 10, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Print Friendly and PDF
Happy Thanksgiving Canadian style!

Every year, I look back and see what has been good, what has been bad and what I've learned since the last Thanksgiving. This year is no different than other years except that I learned to appreciate a lot more than in previous years.

These are the things I'm thankful for:

My darling husband
A man who suffers daily from kidney stone pain. He does his best to remain cheerful and to be here for me despite the pain and exhaustion. I have only to look at my loving man when I think I can't stand another day of pain and know that I can carry on.

My loving daughter
Despite the stumbling blocks that life has handed my beautiful daughter, she always as a smile and a hug for everyone, to help everyone around her and make others feel better. She works hard every day, has some days that are tough to go through, but knows who to turn to for strength.

My son who moves to the beat of a different drummer.
He may have been born with severe developmental delays but with each passing day, he is maturing and seeing the world through his eyes makes me appreciate what I have.

My sistersoul
Who has a shoulder and a strong arm for me when I need it the most. For her understanding, her quiet strength, her wisdom. For the laughter that she brings into my life and brightens my day. For a second chance at having a sister to love and cherish. And I dearly hope she knows I am here for her as well.

The people in my life.
From each one I gather wisdom, experience, support and strength. They touch my life in small and big ways that I may not realise at the time but become part of me.

Gambit
For always knowing when I need a purring kitty cheer up on my lap or a bump on my leg asking to be picked up and loved. For those beautiful green eyes, full of love and trust.

My health, be such as it is.
I get reminded daily that life is to be appreciated, that family and friends do matter. That caring about each other should always be first on the list of things to do.

The ability to walk
You only realise how much it means to be able to walk when you find that you can't take another step because you're racked with pain.

The soft breezes, the warm autumn days that make me hurt less.

A good night's sleep.

A pain free day.

My hands
I use to knit and crochet and make someone else's day brighter with the things I create.

That I can share a smile irregardless...

On that note, I ask you my readers and friends, What are you thankful for this year?

No comments: