Sunday, November 14, 2010

Clean up and clear out

Print Friendly and PDF
Today I spent cleaning up my file folder. Why? Because we had a bit of a scare with our old computer. We thought she had breathed her last on Friday night. But, with much canned air, patience, a bit of poking here and some prodding there, replaced the 2nd drive that had croaked a few months ago with the one from my computer who had croaked last year, we managed to get the old girl up and running again.

And since most of the files I do have I want to keep, I went through everything, pitched what wasn't needed anymore and copied the whole lot over to the new drive as a back up to the back up. Yeah i know, a bit fanatical? Well, if I don't do this, some of the things I would lose that are near and dear to my heart are photos, a print of the last conversation i had with my sister over MSN before she passed away last year, more photos of my children, friends, places we've been, family, our life and I can't forget Gambit!

The print of the convo with my sister really made me sit back when I read through it. If' we'd only known... I'm sure that talking about our respective work would not have been at the top of our convo list. Discussing our children, husbands, old memories, our Dad, at least featured in the convo. Rereading it now, just I don't quite know how to explain it, but it feels like she's with me. i can hear her voice in my mind as we're talking and laughing about our lives. I miss her.

At least now, I know what i have, and where it's stored. Yeah for scares I guess LOL

 I had to add this one today. As I read it, I realised how anyone who is OCD about having everything in it's place must feel when they can't fix the letters for OCD :P.... right hon? :P


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I mean GMO! OCDers must cringe at the sight of the letters! LOL sis