Saturday, October 11, 2008

Knitting and design

Print Friendly and PDF
I returned to knitting about 3 years ago. I would have been the last person to say back then that I'd ever consider working out some of my own patterns, but yes, it has come to pass. I didn't even realise I was doing it until my husband pointed it out. I was designing my own patterns! Shock... awe... gulp... moi?

I have reached a point where I am getting rather picky about what I want a certain item to look like when I knit and that sure as heck involves designing doesn't it. My latest design is a baby jacket. I have one arm and the hood left to do, which means I really should have taken photos as I was knitting. At least, I took copious notes, revised the pattern several times, tried different design aspects to make it as unique as possible.

I must admit that so far, I am pleased with what is coming from my needles. And yes, I will take pictures! Tomorrow! Hrm.. ok, later today! Just noticed the time which means I'd better get to bed.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

No comments: