The Baby Jacket I've been designing. I have all the separate pieces knit, now I have to assemble them so I can knit the hoodie part. So far I have used three 50 gr. balls of Baycrest Shetland-Style 75% acrylic / 25% wool and will likely need another 2 balls.
I still haven't decided how I'm going to carry the design through the hoodie, if I should carry the moss stitch around the hood to join the moss stitching on the back.
This is one of the sleeves. I carried the moss stitching up the sleeve and kept going to add an epaulette for extra shoulder room. Since babies are notorious for having no neck to speak of, I figured adding some extra space at the shoulder would help with keeping the jacket where it belongs.
I like how the front pieces turned out. The moss stitching wraps around the entire edge and will join up the moss stitching in the hoodie.
I should be able to get most of it done in the next couple of days. Will post updates as I go. I am still visualizing what I will do with the hood part. Finally, I still have to figure out how this jacket will close. I don't like buttons since I'm always worried that the baby will chew it off and swallow it. So likely I will experiment with I-cord closures in one form or another.