Friday, June 24, 2011

SCNA9 is the jerkiest gene in the planet

Print Friendly and PDF
A friend sent me this link to an article announcing that the SCNA9 gene is the jerkiest gene in the planet. Since it seems that they have now determined that this is the gene responsible for neuropathy, I'd like to send it back. Mine's working overtime!

But until they can discover some kind of miracle cure, I'll stick with taking my amitriptylenes. I've had the "burning man" description and I agree completely, it's beyond any kind of pain scale anyone can come up with except maybe for this one.

Realistic Pain scale

I've woken up with every inch of my skin screaming in pain and it literally felt like I was on fire. What woke me up was a nightmare where I was being chased by a giant wielding a sword made entirely with flames. I couldn't run fast enough to get away and I woke up as the blade came down on my back. I wanted to scream but the pain was so bad I could only gasp. I guess it was my brain trying to deal with the overflow of false pain messages the nerves were sending.

Hmm... I think this pain scale would also be good for my poor husband considering the muffled screaming I hear more often that I want to admit and there's not a dang thing anyone can do about it. Poor guy.

No comments: