Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Circular letdown

Print Friendly and PDF
I never thought I'd see the day when I would break a circular needle, but that's exactly what I've had happen last night. I was knitting quite happily on my sister's Adamas Shawl when the left hand needle of my 10" circulars suddenly didn't feel right anymore. I look down and *gasp* I see loose stitches and no cable! Sure enough, the cable snapped off where it joins to the needle. It's the only size 10 circular needle I have and I knew before I started the shawl that it would likely be too short when I got close to the end. I just didn't realise the weight of the shawl or the sheer number of stitches on the needle would break it. Live and learn I guess. You can see in the picture the cable just sticking up and the metal part of the needle capped at both ends so I don't lose those stitches off it. I'm just happy it happened on a purl row!

I stopped by the Hart store on my way home after work tonight hoping they'd have a size 10 circular needle but no luck. To get to the other stores that may carry size 10 circulars means waiting until the weekend to go since I have to take the bus. None of them are within walking distance. The joys of not having a car.

So right now I'm working on a bunny rabbit. The pattern is from Heart Strings. I needed something that was a no brainer and this did the trick for me. It's going to be cute, pink, fuzzy and loveable I hope...

Started a new placement today. Working reception and accounts payable for the next 7 business days at an HVAC company. Today the person I'm replacing was in to show me around and teach me the routine. Tomorrow I'm on my own. Should be interesting to say the least.

And this is Monsieur Remy LeBeau aka Gambit in all his glory on his new bed. It's actually our new settee, but Monsieur deemed it was good enough for him and took possession within moments of it's arrival in our living room.

No comments: