Sunday, June 20, 2010

My birthday present

Print Friendly and PDF
What is to follow is my darling daughter's birthday present to me this year. Through circumstances out of everyone's control, her husband was laid off so the only income was coming from her work. Knowing how expensive living in Mississauga can be, there was no extra money to buy presents. But honestly, I love this more than anything else she could have bought for me since this is from her heart through her eyes and was done with much love. So here is it, in all it's beauty; my daughter's birthday present to me.


Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthdaaayyyy....  Happy Birthday to Yoouuuuu!!!  :D

I love you so very very very much mom....

I wanted to send you flowers... however, this is the best I can do right now  :(  I' m sorry   :(

I took all these pictures myself, thinking about you.




She knows just how much I love lilacs and what they mean to me. Just look how beautiful these are!



 I can almost smell them!

And then, she wrote a poem just for me!


Through the day,
Morning till night
these guys will play
with all their might

So, on this day in May
the little ones with the light
will sing aloud for your day
for your long life hike


I love you

Yours forever, I am


I love how she captured these lovely songbirds in full throated voice. I can almost hear them singing. Can you?




 This one made me laugh. What a silly goose sitting up on a roof!


I love this photo of the mallard swimming along and the ripples on the river.


Oh for a piece of bread! Doesn't he look like he's having a fabulous time of it?


More beautiful flowers for me to enjoy!



And last but not least, another of my favorites! I've always known these as bleeding hearts. They used to grow on the farm where I was born and raised. Every May, they would come up, have these beautiful pink and with flowers until the end of June and go again, getting ready for next year.


I hope you've enjoyed these beautiful photos as much as I do.

And just to remind my daughter just how much I appreciate and love her...

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

(excerpt from Love you Forever by Robert Munsch)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift. Karen is a special young woman. Of course you know that. She's a keeper for sure! She knows how to send love in photos and words. :) sis

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Thats such a beautiful picture present... and something you can keep and treasure forever... I read on another blog that a lady use to pick red dead nettles for her mum when she was a child and this year (many, many years later) she wanted to give her mum something special and she spied some red nettles under a hedge... she picked a handful and gave them to her mum and she was over the moon... its the small things given with love and thought that count...

big hugs Alex
xx

Aussie Maria said...

What a fantastic loving gift. I am very teary reading it