Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Sister's battle

Print Friendly and PDF
This is an update to my last post.

I spoke with my sister tonight. She saw her Oncologist today and she confirmed that it is cancer in her lungs. She's to call her on Wednesday to find out the dates for her MRI, bone scan and a panoply of other tests I can't think of the names for. Suffice it to say, by the time they are done, she will have been poked and prodded just about all over.

The Oncologist said there are 3 new treatments for this type of cancer and she's very positive that at least one of them will work on my sister. I hope she is right. I still have alarm bells going off in my head screeching "Danger, danger, Will Robinson!" (yes, it's a reference from Lost in Space for those who don't recognise the quote.

I know it's not what I wanted to hear, but I keep hoping that it's all and that something more insidious isn't hiding somewhere else.

I'll keep posting news as soon as I find out myself.

The Adamas Shawl is coming along nicely. I can see I'm going to have a problem soon though. The circular needle I'm using isn't long enough and I'm not even halfway through the shawl. I wish I could borrow a circular from someone just to finish the shawl since I don't have the cash to buy one. Oh well, I'll have to figure something out sooner than later.


No comments: