Friday, January 2, 2009

Canada Post sucks!

Print Friendly and PDF

I seriously don't believe this, but wow, never thought that Canada post was scamming us Canadians.

Here is my case. Two packages, both the same size and weight. One going to the US, the other going to a town an hour's drive away in Canada. Now wouldn't you think that the package going to the US would cost more since it's going a lot further? Wrong!

The package going to the US overland cost me 5$ to send! The package going to the town an hour's drive away would have cost me 9$!!!! if I had sent it. Now someone explain to me why?

I pointed out to the postal agent that both packages were the same size,weight etc... and asked why the one going to the next town was that much more expensive. The reply and get this: "It's bulky" so I pointed out that the package going to the US was also bulky so why that big of a difference in price? I got a shrug and a bored, "Those are the rates Ma'am" I shipped the US package and took the other one home with me. I'm going to repackage my son's mitts in a ziplock baggie with all the air squeezed out of it and put it in a plain brown paper envelope so it's as flat as can be. Let's see how much that will cost me!

I just can't get over how big a cost difference there is for 2 packages exactly the same size, weight and thickness. Boggles the mind.

I guess the old adage, "If you can't dazzle 'em with brains, baffle 'em with bullshit" fits.

On a happier note, I love browsing through lolcat. Our furry friends are always up to something. Tonight I found this Video that had me just about screaming with laughter. I had to stuff a pillow over my face since I didn't want to wake up my darling husband who was finally getting some rest from kidney stones.


No comments: