Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekends, snow & chores... have to find room to knit!!!

Print Friendly and PDF
It's Sunday afternoon and between getting dishes done, kitchen cleaned up, general pick up and put away in the rest of the apartment and working on knitting, I'm trying to figure out where the weekend went?!!!

Not really complaining since with all the snow we've been getting dumped on us over the past couple of days, I really don't want to go out there. I have enough of walking to work 5 days a week in it! Mind you, it's pretty to look at just not so much fun to brave -30C temperatures in the morning. Friday morning, my face was numb by the time I walked the km to work. The rest of me was warm enough, bundled up into fleece pants, wool sweater and 2 fleece jackets along with a wool hood and my scarf. I was beginning to feel like a snowman, could hardly see out LOL That's me walking up the street by the railroad tracks. Darling hubby thought it would make a good picture.

The wristwarmers are just about done. Just finishing up the crochet hem. They came out really pretty. Here are pictures showing a finished one versus unfinished. It's amazing what adding a nice hem does for these.

Now I've got fingerless mitts to make and I'll use my own pattern for those since she wants to pay me for them! She also wants to pay me for the scarf/wrap which means I'll be combing stitch patterns and designing my own.


I love this picture taken at night of a nearby park. My husband really did a great job photographing it. The atmosphere is wistful, as of days gone by. Love the amber color of the lights coming through the trees. I could just sit there and look at it forever.

No comments: