Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Print Friendly and PDF

What is beauty? What constitutes beauty?

What defines beauty? That which brings enjoyment to the person who looks or contemplates. What can we learn about ourselves, our personality when we show others what we think is beautiful.

Beauty can be many things, a touch, a taste, what we see, hear, feel. Beauty can be found in all the senses. The thirst for beauty is what keeps us questing throughout our lives to find the ultimate.

What is beauty to me? What I find beautiful may not be the same for others, but these are the things that give me peace, make me feel that the world is a good place to live. I find beauty in images, photographs, sights, feelings, smells, a touch, a sound, a taste.

the sound of a purring cat
the feel of a baby's skin
listening to my husband's heartbeat
the smell of lilacs and lilies of the valley
storm clouds
music in any genre
a bite from a sun-warmed tomato fresh from the garden
fresh cut hay drying in the field
a robin's song before a rain storm


the smell of sweet grass
my daughter's eyes
my son's strength
drumming, dancing, singing
a warm summer breeze at night








No comments: